Tuesday 11 August 2009

Bennions!

Funny Story. In 2001 I joined student Government at BYU. Then the next year I ran with Rob Foster for Student Body President and Vice President. I ran against a team called the "Bennion/ Blackner team" and had I not ran against them, I would have voted for them....Stan DID vote for them! He is pretty much lucky I married him after that! This was in 2002.

Seven Years LATER I get an email from Bennion saying he is moving to Sydney, Australia. I had not really seen him since the elections. He has since married and has three kids just like me! Before moving to Sydney they were in Europe (just like Stan and I) and last Sunday we had them over for dinner as they had just arrived in Australia the day before. We are currently trying to get them to move next to us--wouldn't that be funny if we were actually neighbors!

Between the two families, our kids are quite funny! We have a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 & 0 (8 mo) = six kids in all! I am kinda bummed I didn't get a picture, but I am sure I will in the future as we are planning to take them around and show them SYDNEY! Yea for old/ new friends!

4 comments:

The Francis Family said...

It's fun to have new/old friends! Our friends are going to be our neighbors too in about two weeks! I love you Eish!

Thora said...

Somehow I missed that you were Vice Pres. I knew that you were in BYUSA, but wow. I was actually a club pres. the year you were BYUSA pres. So I must have met you...sometime. Weird.

That's cool you have old friends in Sydney!

Amanda said...

That will be so nice for you guys to have some one so close to you. Just remember to safe me an apartment by you too! One day we will come.

Danalisa said...

That is SOO cool!!