Wednesday 6 January 2010

Welcome 2010

This year for New Years Eve we went to a friends house who lives on the water overlooking the Harbor Bridge. We made it to 9:00pm with the three kids when the first set of "family" fire works were set off. After the show we went home! We fell asleep at 11:20 (boooo) and missed the biggest, best, most amazing fireworks display in the history of Australia (just ask the newspapers). Apparently, 1.5 MILLION people were in the heart of Sydney for the display. It was about 20 minutes long and was Australia's first microchip display of fireworks (whatever that means) and it cost a little over 1 million dollars. Six firework locations were used around the harbor and they all synchronized their shows to complement each other since they all went off at the same time.

To make up for our party pooperness we woke up in the morning and watched it on Utube so I guess that makes it OK! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmK2SkwtQ_k

Next year I want to rent a boat and watch everything on the water...serious, how cool would that be?!!?
We kept Thomas in his stroller (or pram as they would call it out here) the whole time since they were just a few meters from the water with no gate! He hated it!
Mary ready for the 9:00 fireworks display...Thomas FREAKED out this year!
The girls and their popsicles (I mean "ice blocks") it is HOT here during New Years b/c we are in the middle of the summer here.
Sparklers!
And next time we will bring a tripod...or just get pix off the Internet!

7 comments:

~adelle said...

My Goodness you guys live in paradise! I have been scrolling though the last few posts and it looks like you have been doing so much fun and adventurous stuff! Feeding sharks? Riding camels? Beaches? Fireworks? Where do I sign up! I am so glad you get to experience all that magic.

Looks like Christmas was a hit. It is nice to do things at your own pace sometimes. Kids make the day so special with all of their amazement and gratitude. It is so cute.

Happy 2010.

Kate said...

it is so fun to a catch up on your blog... what a fun place you live in- thanks for sharing... and no, I am not pregnant!! But, we did get a new dog for christmas (it is kind of like a new-born, kind of:))

Amanda said...

I love the last picture. No tri needded.

I think I should join you on the water for New Years to come! How hot is it anyway?

Also, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

sue swinton said...

I love your blog and I love you. It is so awesome that your precious family is so happy in Australia (of all places) and so happy to be making special memories together. Kisses and hugs to my grandkids. Miss you all.

The Francis Family said...

Whoa Eish! Your Christmas looked amazing! Everything from your tree to your dinner to your adorable kids looked perfect! I can't believe you got coal in your stocking though...I guess whatever it takes to show the kids that santa is serious when it comes to taking notes! I love you!

Amanda said...

put up hair pictures! Did Stan like it?

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.