Wednesday 31 March 2010

Mary's preschool photos!

Since I have not put many pictures up for a while, here is a sneak peak of Mary's preschool photo's. After they take the class photo's they take a lot of the kids individually, which I like. She did okay, but we are still working on not doing the "fake smile"
A few things about Mary: The other day she told me she did not like her name and she would rather be called Lilly Claireese, I said ok and called her that for the whole day! Mary is 4 years old, and this is her last year of preschool as she will be starting kindy next year!
hummm- she must have scratched her head right before this picture. Mary goes to preschool from 9:00-3:00 M-W, it is great! I get Thomas all to myself for three whole days while the girls are at school.
Sandwiches are hard this year. Mary can't have peanut butter at preschool due to other kids allergies, she can't stand Vegemite (an Aussie staple) and she pulls out the turkey/ cheese and skips the bread if I do that kind of a sandwich; therefore she gets the same thing everyday...tuna fish! Going on 10 weeks (hahahaha) and no complaints so far!!
Mary loves her class and she is extremely LOYAL to her friends. If I could think of one word to describe her that would be it.
In Australia you break for morning and afternoon tea. I have to pack a little sack for her tea time each day. Since we don't break for tea in the USA I have no idea what to pack. So far fruit and cookies work but yogurt merited a note from the teacher (oops).
Daddy is still Mary's favorite! She prefers him to almost anything else!
And the whole class, she is one of the tall kids In Australia the short kids always get the back row. I think she is the tallest girl in her class.

8 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

She is beyond darling- and I think she has a fantastic fake smile! Seriously- you should see Luke and Sams, and they are only getting worse!
I hoe little Olivia is on the mend! I'm so sorry that you guys are going through all of that. I know you mentioned cards from her class, but has she had to miss a lot of school?
I will email you later about Switzerland. I didn't know about Skype before you and Sidra told em about it- it looks awesome!

Harry and Suzanne said...

Mary is absolutely darling, or should we say "Lilly Clareese"? Actually, she is beautiful. Preschool has to be so much fun for her.We cannot believe how fast your little ones are growing up.
Thanks for sharing, and you all remain in our prayers, on our minds, and in our hearts, and we love you all !

The Francis Family said...

Lilly Claireese is beautiful! It was fun to have a post all about her! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

I can't believe how big she is! I love that little girl.

The Tengelsens said...

Love the pictures. Your kids look so grown up! We are excited to see you in June.

Crist Family said...

Love these pictures and I love her new name: Lilly Clareese :) She has so much personality. Thanks for sharing these great updates on your kids. So cute.

Danalisa said...

She is beautiful! I love her smile and curls! Thanks for sharing so much about her.

kathryn_swinton said...

Mary and Thomas look great. Nice to hear some positive things about them.