Tuesday 5 April 2011

April Fools...a Summary!

Every year I completely forget April Fools Day. I am always so disappointed the next day when I realize I forgot to pull a prank AND that I fell for everything! Ugh! This year I somehow remembered a couple days early, had some free time and did some Internet searches for good pranks to pull! It was great, and I fluctuate between giggling about it to myself for a couple days and feeling like I should grow up for next year.

So below is the summary of the day:

First I started the day off telling Stan it was way later than it really was. He jumped out of bed, got dressed in 20 seconds and I would have let him run out the door, but since he is on a client site right now he has a taxi pick him up. He grabbed the computer to order a taxi and I had to fess up to the real time... as it would have been starring him right in the face! April Fools!--luckily he was a good sport, and had heaps of free time for the rest of the morning!

Next I got up to make breakfast for the kids...green eggs and ham! The kids just gave me a weird look, asked me what happened to the eggs and ate the bacon.
After breakfast I posted my usual pregnancy announcement on Facebook and my blog (I admit I should shake the joke up, but it works every time!) I had only a few people catch on (only in-law relationships on both sides--way to go Katie and Sonni), and Stan was so horrified he made me fess up around 5:00pm publicly instead of getting to wait until the morning! :-(
After breakfast and blogging I got the kids "ready for the day"....by telling them in was Saturday! Te-He!! Olivia got dressed out for her very first soccer game and Mary got ready for a birthday party. I somehow talked Mary into wearing her school uniform to the birthday party (so the mom would know she was part of the group) and then dropped the kids off at school! Olivia was horrified! In Australia you wear the school uniform (green) so showing up in her florescent yellow jersey and cleats/ shin pads was the WORST joke ever!
I planned on just dropping the kids off and picking them up from school but the joke was partly on ME as it was a school assembly for grand-friends in honor of Anzac day and so Olivia had to sing in front of the parents and grandparents of the whole school. Because of this assembly, the faculty members of the school didn't think my joke was very funny either! LOL!!
Right about now Olivia is fuming...they made her sit in the back behind everyone and not with her friends because she was not wearing the uniform! If you click on the picture it will upload on your screen and you can see the horror!
....So I caved in and changed her really quick before the assembly started (yes, I had a uniform in my purse just in case she (or I) couldn't handle the joke).
Mary is right along the microphone--see her?
After that, we proceeded through the assembly and class visits.
Here is Olivia showing me her school work!
Mary and her best friend Georgie, while I visit the kindy classroom.
Olivia's Anzac Day project (the Anzac bridge out of paddle pop sticks). The Assembly was on behalf of Anzac day (A battle fought during world war II where Australia & New Zealand joined together to fight against Turkey. Unfortunately,the Aussies & Kiwi's were completely wiped out). A lot of kids still have grandparents or paraphernalia from the battle so it was put on display.

After the Anzac day assembly I went home, cleaned up, and checked on my blog and FB account! :-) After school we had swimming lessons and the girls and Stan were so mad at me that we decided to call it quits and went out to a movie. Rango-it was OK....and while Stan tried to get me at least once, like "O- I forgot my wallet, or I left my keys in the car"...I never fell for any of it and had mine on me so it was no big deal! Sorry Stan!--maybe next year :-)

2 comments:

The Francis Family said...

Matt wrote in his email today that if every day was April 1st he would be the most focused missionary in the world because it is the one day a year that he prefers to be hundreds of miles away from his mother!! Maybe
Thomas and your girls will feel the same way someday!! Your prego trick worked on me and Christian for sure!

btengelsen said...

My friend but my bike up for free on Craigs list and I got some weird phone calls.

I love the picture of Olivia in yellow. Well done eish.