Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas Dance Recital

This year we signed the girls up for DANCE. They loved it (tap and ballet) and of course got to participate in their first ever dance concert. Below are some pictures from their special night!
Here are there tap uniforms. I was so proud of Olivia, she was the only kid in the whole two hour performance who was asked to sing a solo to kick off a dance routine (This little light of mine...) and she jumped right up and sang into the microphone even though there were probably 1,000 people watching, at the Olympic stadium.

She kept telling me she was going to get to sing on stage (I am not allowed to watch the dance rehearsals, parents sit outside every week), but no one said anything to me so I didn't take her seriously. To say I was utterly shocked when they pulled up a microphone and put a spot light on her would be an understatement. Stan was like--"you didn't tell me she was singing" and I was thinking--'it is a DANCE recital, I didn't know singing was involved!'

Later when I asked Olivia, she said she was nervous but couldn't see anyone because the lights were on her so she just sang! I am still waiting for video reel as we were not allowed to film during the concert, and had to buy the footage from a professional ($55.00/ tape--rip off)

Next Ballet.....
Here the girls danced ballet to a Cinderella song. I am the worst mom ever because I didn't want to put Olivia in her own class and Mary in her own class (2 years apart) so I just put Olivia in Mary's class (same size right). Mary's kindy class combined with the preschoolers and Olivia was horrified when her classmates were in the year 2 class and she had to be in the preschooler ballet class. I got away with it all year until the end of the year performance and then reality set in when Olivia's classmates were sitting in the stands watching her with the babies.... I guess I will be doing two dance classes next year....oops-- so sorry Olivia!

Either way, it is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
Good Job girls, maybe we found something you both like to do!

2 comments:

sue swinton said...

Beautiful Ballerinas! Wish I could have seen them dance. Thanks for your wonderful blog. Love you all!

Heidi said...

They look adorable! And I have no experience to draw upon but Olivia really has beautiful form!!