Sunday 15 January 2012

Hello Melbourne!

We have now been in Melbourne for nearly a week and things are starting to fall into place. After rushing to Melbourne to see this open house on Thursday, Stan and I secured a lease on the property the next day!  It must have been destiny because the house is AMAZING….and it is 10 minutes from the BEACH, the school is a dream come true (free public schools in Victoria compared to the $10,000 we would drop each year in New South Wales) and the ward is like a deja vu from America. 
I am in the same ward as a kid I went to high school with, from Bozeman Montana. Miles Scheere and his wife and three kids!  In addition, there are 6 other friends from my high school graduating class who live in Melbourne, Australia and are all willing to help me move my family in and hang out with me! I couldn't be happier, these people are all people I was pretty good friends with; and so for the first time since being in Australia, I am starting to think it just wouldn't be better in America! I am living in paradise and surrounded by friends! 2012 is going to be a good year!

6 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Oh man, that all sounds amazing! You house is killer and I'm so jealous that you get to be so close to the beach!!! Andrew loved Sydney- I have to post some pics. The man who hosted the meeting knows you and Stan. His wife was at a dinner one night and asked Andrew if he knew anyone in Sydney. He said yes, but they just moved and she drew the connection to you guys! They have a son who was in the same preschool as Thomas.

Harry and Suzanne said...

Congratulations on this good news. We are sooooooo happy for you!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Good for you guys! How crazy that six of your high school friends are ther...that's uncanny! Glad Olivia is ok, too.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are in a happy place. So happy for you!

The Francis Family said...

That's so cool Eish! Congratulations on your new place! Have fun and come out to see us :)

Danalisa said...

Wow!! Eisha that house looks amazing and it sounds like you are definitely going to have a great year! Being surrounded by friends is nearly like having a family away from family!. =)