Thursday 15 March 2012

I have good friends!

So I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to all the people who have helped the Flamms. I realize I did a pitch for one of MY FRIENDS, I just didn't expect so many people to do cheek swabs and donate money to someone who was a complete stranger to them!


 I had this realization while I was driving the kids around after school. I was thinking about all the people who said they would donate money. Most were family members--already Amanda has said money is coming to her mail box or through the web site.  I think I had over 10 emails of people who said they would give, I am sure there were many more who donated without even letting me know. One person was someone I hadn't talked too since 2007.  I then noticed my old Oxford congregation (the church we attended with the Flamms while living in England for a year) was holding a ward activity to fund raise for the Flamms. I had another friend from Sydney sew a quilt for the Flamms (do you have any idea how much that will cost to ship to the USA?....hahahaha).


Honestly, I couldn't believe it! I thought, I have good friends....no really I HAVE REALLY GOOD people around me who support any cause I am worried about; and I just can't believe it!


I maybe spent 10 minutes emailing or FBing an update about the Flamms and already their family has been helped so much! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, because I know that if anything were to happen to us  you guys would all be there for me. I know you would because you have all been so generous to a complete stranger just because I asked you to be! So thank you--Thank you so much!!!
Here is the most recent photo of Millie...Ariel came to visit! (Do I have any friends in Utah who want to dress up as anything...princess, clown etc... because Millie would LOVE that!) She is staying at --(Primary Children's Hospital)--and will be there for at 6 months ...so Millie isn't going anywhere!


She has lost all her hair again and just underwent an unnecessary surgery...which is bad because her body has no immune system right now and she is fighting so hard with the chemo that I don't think her little body can handle repairing something else right now.  What a pain! Anyway, I will keep you posted on her progress.


If you still want to donate here is the web page:  http://meetmillie.realcove.com 


Or if you are not internet savvy and want to write them a check here is their address (I am only posting this because my blog is private so it is safer right??)  Brady & Amanda Flamm2873 Etienne Way, Sandy, Utah 84093 USA


And last of all, here is the flamms web page if you want to follow them to see how Millie is doing: http://bradyandamanda.blogspot.com


Love you all--The Swintons

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You are a great friend and your friends are great friends. I am overwhelmed by all of you. Thank you for the support you give us. Millie talks about you all like we were just together and I know it's because she can feel how much you love her. Thank you. Thank you to you and thank you to all of your family and friends that have supported us.