Monday 20 July 2009

Bondi Beach

Today we went to Bondi Beach for the afternoon/evening. Bondi beach is arguably the most famous beach in Australia. It is famous for the surfing and and the solid 1 K of sand. Although we are in the middle of winter we have had some unusually hot weather (70's-75's F) this week. It was such a beautiful day we threw everything in the car and hit the beach by 3:00 (20-30 minute drive to this side of the coast from our house.
Thomas went crazy in the sand, we now have to keep a pretty good eye on him as he just keeps going and going to catch birds, chase balls and escape into the water (yikes).
My cute baby!
His blond hair is finally coming in, and his other top two teeth are just starting to break through!
Mary takes her sand castle building very seriously!
And Thomas is about to take the ball again!!
Mary is ready to hit the waves...this pose came out of no where!
Stan and the girls testing the water, Olivia is pretty excited. Stan is looking for sea shells.
Playing in the ocean...paradise!
I love seeing my kids so happy. Mary just LOVES the water, she is my beach baby.
The best of friends...really...I am so glad I had two girls close together
Little Olivia heading back to warm up
Mary ready to go out for some more with Stan.
Here is the sunset, as we got ready to go home! All in all it was a fun evening. After the beach we headed home, ate pizza and watched a movie! I really do love it here in Australia--come visit!

6 comments:

Emilee said...

What a beautiful place! That was a gorgeous sunset... & your kids do look happy on the beach. Soon we are going to feel your pain of wanting visitors, but you are much farther!

Danalisa said...

sounds like the best day!!

Amanda said...

Oh how I wish I could come visit! Looks beautiful and we'd love to see you guys. Millie wanted to see your pictures over and over.

Steph said...

Your camera is really good. There are a couple of really nice pictures of your girls. They are so cute. I especially like the one with them giving each other a hug. That's one that should sit on a dresser forever. Thanks for inviting me to see your blog.

Lindsay Lou said...

Eisha,
You have such cute kids! I can't believe how beautiful Australia is! You have some great pictures of your family, and of you too! Oh, how I would looovvvveee to visit! Someday... Until then I love looking at and reading your updates! Thanks for your comments on my blog, I love to get them!

Susan S said...

The picture of Stan and the children is wonderful. And of course, we love the beach photos. Lucky you to live so close to sandy heaven.