Thursday 9 July 2009

End of term lessons

In Australia we go to school year round (no summer break). However we do have "end of term" holidays. There are 4 terms in a year and at the end of each term we get two weeks off. All sports lessons go through the term and then you have to pay more to sign them up for the next term. Tomorrow is the last day of school before our holiday and so I took some pictures of Mary and Olivia doing their extra-C on their last day.

First, here is Olivia doing gymnastics. She takes lessons at MLC, a private school just down the street from us. She is very energetic and likes the trampoline the best but her best performance is on the beam.
A flip on the bars!
A tuck on the trampoline
And the beam!
Second is Mary swimming. She was moved up this term into the next group, which means she can swim without a life jacket for 20 meters. This also means I don't have to worry AS MUCH...now if only Thomas could swim! Here she is doing her end of term treat, jumping off the diving board.
This is called "riding the pony"

Third, Olivia in swimming. She is working on her front crawl. In England we had her learn a survival swim because I was pregnant with #3 and none of my kids could swim, and we were moving to Australia in the summer.This has made it hard for her because she LOVES to swim so she just goes around doing her doggie paddle while the other kids are stuck on the wall. She doesn't understand why she has to learn a new stroke since she gets around just fine. The teacher is desperately trying to un-teach this survival swim and get her to do the front crawl instead.
Fourth, Thomas keeping himself busy on the side lines. We spend a lot of time at this school so he gets creative!
I hope that tastes good...yummy!

7 comments:

The Francis Family said...

Your kids are adorable! I love the picture of Thomas in the basket! We miss you guys!

Harry and Suzanne said...

Not to seem prejudice, but our great-grandkids are the cutest, smartest by far, and we love them all.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Hope all is well!
Sonni

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Ohh my gosh! Your kids are amazing! I'm serious!!! Your girls put my boys to shame. Neither can swim and I think they would crack open their head if they attempted to do gymnastics. Sam is so uncoordinated that it is hilarious to even think about him trying the uneven bars! Kudos on the good work! Now I just need to teach my kids how to doggy paddle!

gardeniagirl said...

Really impressive. I need to get my kids doing things so they don't end up as klutzy as their mother.

Amanda said...

GO GIRLS!

Susan S said...

Wow! Your girls are amazing! Swimming so well, year-round school, and gymnastics! Olivia looks so much like her mother.