Monday 12 October 2009

Olivia's 6 year photo shoot

Happy Birthday Olivia you are such a doll! Here are her six year old photo's. If anyone has any helpful pointers when it comes to taking children's photographs I am all ears as I kinda struggled during this photo shoot. Enjoy!
Here Olivia was climbing a tree and I zoomed in while she was looking up
I tried to get her little hand with this flower (she is always picking flowers) but you can hardly see it!
I love her hair in this picture
These are the coolest flowers that blossom in spring. She is looking at a bird and looks unusually stiff!
It is spring here so I am loving all the green during October
A pretty good smile, she is starting to pull the fake smiles now!
It is a fake smile but I liked the red brick against the blue eyes/ dress
I couldn't choose between these two pictures, they are pretty much the same pose but different smiles, and these are the flowers right outside our mailbox!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Great job Alisha!!! She's such a pretty girl. The one climbing the tree is beautiful, very creative. And even though she's "stiff" in the one where she's watching a bird, she still looks darling!

Kevin said...

Those are some great shots! And I can't believe how hold she is! 6 years old, that's... wow, time flies. I remember when she was a lump, lying on the floor drooling while we all studied.

The Francis Family said...

I like Kevin's comment :) I too remember her being a drooling lump...jk! I can't believe how long and pretty her hair is! She is so beautiful and you are a great mom. You are becoming quite the photographer (although I can't offer any advice...Christian is the only one who can take good pictures around here!)

Harry and Suzanne said...

It does not look as if you need help taking pictures; you are doing a great job. Your subject, our Olivia, is soooooo beautiful, definitely a little Alisha.

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

What a beautiful little girl!!! Maybe she'll like younger men someday when she is at BYU...Sam really is only a few months younger!

cambersue said...

Hey I am so excited I found you guys....so high adventure and lots of kids! it's a good way to go. hope we can keep in touch a little better now!

Harry and Suzanne said...

Hi,
Did the two videos come for the girls for their birthdays? Sometimes our things get through and sometimes they are returned, and we always use the same address. Anyway, love you all!
Gr and Gr Tengelsen

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS! Millie was sad that we didn't send them anything. We may have to in the next couple days just for fun. I'm so glad you guys are doing well. Olivia looks so different I think. I can't believe how long her hair is.

Tips: I need tips too! Do you use your manual settings? Does your camera have an AV mode. That would have focused better on the hand and flower (just make sure the focal point is where you want it in your lense). I have NO idea what kind of camera you have, but mines a rebel. I'm trying to learn. I did take some cute ones of Millie the other day for her birthday. I'll send them to you.

jean13i said...

Olivia's such a little beauty. I remember when you guys first brought her home to C&L Apartments. Who can believe she's six already?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...your girls are so beautiful! I think you took some perfect photos. We miss you guys lots! I sure hope we get to see you guys sometime soon!