Sunday 22 November 2009

Walk-A-Thon!

So many of you may not know this but I am the Stake Coordinator over EFY here in Sydney. This is the first year EFY has come to Australia, so we are starting from ground zero and it is kind of funny...things I assume people should just know, but don't when it comes to the know how's of EFY. It is easy for me. I attended EFY from when I was 14-18 and loved every year. But out here no one has ever been so even the counselors are going for their first time :-)

Anyway, our ward is pretty poor, and while we have recruited most our youth to go, most cannot pay for it. $500/ youth and we have 10 going = $5,000. So our whole ward is doing fundraising efforts to help them out. One that is coming up is a WALK-A-THON! It is a 12K trail walk along the beaches (awesome) and it is in two weeks.... Dec 5th? I am supposed to get my friends to sponsor me but serious, I only know a few people....but I know a lot of Americans!! And the American dollar is better than the Australia dollar (but that is slowly changing :-(

So if you want to sponsor me, leave your name and how much you will sponsor per Kilometer and then IF I finish all 12 Km I come back and let you know how much you have donated to the cause :-) The money is not due until Jan. and not to worry I will be sure to follow up with everyone, so you won't be forgotten!! You guys are the best and thanks so much!--Eisha

Ps. You can sponsor Stan too...and Olivia or Mary or Thomas (we are bringing the stroller for Thomas) we will see how long Olivia and Mary hang in there, it could get interesting!

2 comments:

cambersue said...

Oh my gosh...those trees are absolutely beautiful, i can't even imagine how amazing they look by the beach...wow. i could sponsor you...we're not worth a whole lot but I can contribute. put me down for 20 bucks or so.

Harry and Suzanne said...

We will sponsor a little for the WALK A THON! We'll send something during December to go towards the cause. Hopefully, more people will send a little, because every little bit will help.
Love, Your old grandparents.