Sunday 25 April 2010

Royal Easter Show

The Royal Easter show is hosted over the Easter break in Sydney's Olympic park. This was my first year attending (last year I stayed with Thomas and this year we left him with a babysitter). Olivia was quite fragile and would get tired easily...however she was so excited to be out of the house and riding the rides! Basically it is a giant fair (multiply by 10 any fair you have ever been too and you have it). I didn't even walk to the adult part of the fair grounds it was so big, and we were here all day long. In addition to rides you have the rows and rows of petting zoo animals and farming competitions. Then you have random display acts going on like cooking and fishing demo's and then stalls of goods to buy like crocks or swimsuits or fair bags etc... it is really fun and I was excited to be part of the festivities!
Some of the rides!
I don't think Olivia liked this dropping ride as much as Mary!

Olivia's favorite ride, she was so tiny I thought she was going to fall out! Olivia was just tall enough to go (Mary didn't make the cut)

I was pretty wet after this ride. I wanted to ride in the back but the guide made me take the front...I should have had Stan do this one!

Olivia wanted to be a witch
Mary's flower face paint...


Corn on the cob!
and feeding the animals
and last but not least the car ride home and Mary with her fair bag driving home in the car!

4 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I love the picture of you and the girls on the ride!

Harry and Suzanne said...

What fun! Spending precious time with your little ones. The pictures are all great, and you are making more sweet, sweet memories. You guys could not be living in a more beautiful place. Wish we were there to give you lots of hugs. Love you much!

Amanda said...

so jealous. I'm glad Olivia was able to get out and have some fun. Millie prayers for her every night.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

You guys went on rides and got fair bags, meaning that I am positive your Royal Easter Show experience for your kids was much more successful than ours. Looks like you had a blast. :) Did you see the racing pigs? It was the most bizarre thing ever.

Amy