Monday 2 September 2013

Tengelsen Reunion!

After a few more days of fun in DC we headed over to Pittsburgh for the Tengelsen Family Reunion!  This was the first reunion I was able to attend, and the first time my kids were able to meet all their cousins on my side of the family.

Our first 24 hours together was pure drama. It started with a rain storm and no electricity when everyone arrived. It was dark and we all used candles to hug each other and find our rooms. In the morning it was discovered that Stan had been eaten by a spider during the night, (poor Stan). The kids got up, played like crazy and then went outside and got stung by bees :-) Poor Eli and Thomas had bee's caught in their clothes. Eli got stung on the nose. 

Once the bee stings were sorted, we had a family Birthday party (organized by Aunt Laura) these games included (1) how many rubber bands will explode a watermelon (2) gunny bag races (3) pinata (4) mentos in soda and just regular running around. :-)
It takes a little over 300 to explode this watermelon
The kid races
Poor Addie lost...she is sad!
Looks like Jacob is winning-
Thank you Aunt Laura, we love the petshops
The baby boys!
The next day we went to a Pirates Baseball game!
We got to play in the fountains.
Jake and Sadie. Mary said "those two love each other" I said "why do you think that?" Mary Said "because Jacob brings her food!"
Dan's family
Baby Austin
The pirates were playing NYC so I was very happy to have my NYC shirt on...until people started booing me when I walked by-then I became a turn-coat and put on my yellow shirt!
The Crists!
Swintons
Cousin time!
The family Picture!
The cousins
Our family!
Sister!
The next day we rented a boat and had a day out by the lake!
Overall it was a fantastic reunion. I had so much fun and I was so happy to do this with my siblings!

No comments: