Sunday 27 September 2009

Rock Climbing at Diamond Bay

This weekend Stan took some co-workers rock climbing for their very first time. They found a beautiful ledge right over the ocean in a place called Diamond Bay off Vancluse. This area is known for great climbing with things for all different levels. Although this run was supposed to be for beginners the group had a hard time getting past the first section. As a back up they did some repelling and the views were amazing! Here are some pictures!
The cliffs
Getting ready to start the climb
Calling it good and repelling the rest of the afternoon ;-)
This is a good vertical shot
and more cliffs...see the shark at the bottom? (J/K)
Before we had kids Stan would rock climb a lot, in fact he would ask for rock climbing gear for his Christmas/ birthday/ graduation presents. He didn't climb once in England (although Dover would have been cool, and when he brought his gear out to Australia I thought it was a waste of space. Either way, he went and he was so excited before and after the run that I am glad he was able to go.

3 comments:

The Francis Family said...

Cool Eish! I like the fake shark...you really got me for a second! I'm glad Stan got to go rock climbing and maybe you'll get to go next time! That looked scary to me!

Harry and Suzanne said...

Stan is a brave soul. We did not like that shark below; he looked hungry.Shannon says it was fake, but we think not. Please, you all, be careful, and we ove you all.
Grandpa and Grandma Tengelsen

Amanda said...

So jealous! I too was a climber Once Upon A Time. It's been about 6 years since I have been. I'd love to pick it up again some day.