Wednesday 28 January 2009

Australia Day!

So, the 26th was Australia day! It is celebrated like the 4th of July in the US. We did the typical day: A morning at the beach (this time we went to manly), followed by a BBQ hosted by our friends from our neighborhood. They gave us all the "stuff" you are supposed to eat...although I can't remember what all the different kinds of food are. After the BBQ there were fireworks in Sydney by the harbor. Aussie day is the same day as Chinese New Year so the Asian culture do their fire works too so it is quite a celebration. We actually skipped the fireworks because it started to rain a little bit.
Mary is now a WATER LOVER, she is no longer afraid of the ocean! Every time we would come in to sit on our towels mary would grab either my or Stan's hand and say "lets go to the ocean k?" when we got home she said "thank you for taking me to the beach!!" It was so cute.
Olivia running in from jumping in and out of the waves
Olivia and some patriotic teenagers!
Thomas eating sand...he ate so much I had to put him in the bath after it came through in his diapers!

7 comments:

The Francis Family said...

Mmmmm! Sand sounds delicious! Brilliant plan Thomas! Your kids are so cute!

Angela said...

So you have a child who will eat anything. I hope that means he will eat all his veggies too.

The Tengelsens said...

Looks like a ton of fun. While you are playing at the beach, we are here in Utah shoveling snow...jealous!

The Elledges said...

Jared loves eating the sand too. what is it with kids and sand? it can't taste that great :)

Heather Rose said...

Hi Eisha! I don't know if you remember be, I'm Angela's sister. Anyways, your new little one is so cute! It must be so fun living is Australia. I have to admitt I'm a little jealous to see you at the beach. It's been snowing here in VA. I've had a similar experience with Noah eating sand. I was all worried he'd get sick but it was no big deal. Kids can take just about anything.

Danalisa said...

Don't you feed the kid?? LOL JK!! Looks like a lot of fun!

Amanda said...

It makes me sick you actually live there! It is so beautiful. I am beyoung jealous. I am really missing the adventure of living away from home. Your pictures are all looking great by the way.