Thursday 8 January 2009

Thomas is crawling!

So, this is crazy!! At the end of 4 months Thomas started the army crawl. He could get around but slow so I wasn't too worried although I did think it was a bit early. Then we went to Montana for Christmas and he figured out how to rock back and fourth on his hands and knees, a couple days later he was doing the push up position. A few days after that, it was him moving his hands but not his feet so he would land on his tummy. Well today, a month later and near the end of 5 months (he turns 6 months on the 8th) he has crawled. He is fast, he is good and he can get anywhere. It is the full on both hands and knees. He has not learned to sit up yet (I guess we skipped that). So when he gets to whatever it is that he wants, he lays on his tummy and eats it...instead of sitting up and playing with it. Secretly I was hoping to unpack my stuff and baby proof the house before he was mobile, but here I am with an empty house and a really early learner :-) Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Add on--two weeks after crawling he learned to sit up and stand on the same day :-)

4 comments:

go boo boo said...

Maybe those awful gates that my parents used to enclose us aren't such a bad idea anyway? I am seriously considering it for my cray 22 month old.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness.

Angela said...

Hopefully he won't be an early walker too. It's enough to keep you on your toes I'm sure.

Danalisa said...

GO Thomas!! =) Happy baby-proofiing. haha