Thursday 29 January 2009

Thomas 6 month pictures

So the first year my babies are born I take them into get a professional picture shoot every 3 months. After that it is just once a year. So we have three kids and Stan thinks this is a huge waste of money (especially since there have been episodes of getting the pictures taken, paying a sitting fee and then not purchasing any pictures because they were SO BAD). Stan decided to solve this problem by buying me a camera with some lenses and telling me to have a go at photography.

So Thomas is 6 months (and due for his 6 month pictures) and I have my camera so how hard can it be right? To make a long story short. I just spent 2 hours trying to get Thomas to smile for me....and HE wouldn't do it! I had the perfect backgrounds...first the dock (which he almost crawled off of), then the grass (which he ate...and never once looked at me) then the beach, (I should have known he would (1) eat the sand (2) spit it out (3) and then crawl into the water...which would ruin his outfit thereby preventing any further picture taking.

These are the best of 2 hours so enjoy...because there are only 5...
After this picture he went straight for the water!
Yummy sand!


This is a funny smile for Thomas, usually he has dimples, I later found a bunch of paper in his cheeks...
Maybe this last one will have to be it! But I am so sad I didn't get his dimples!!!

8 comments:

Danalisa said...

Those pics are adorable!! you and Amanda seem to have a knack for this photography thing! haha I love the one of him crawling on the dock! And I LOL that he had paper in his cheeks. haha

The Francis Family said...

Your son is so cute! I really can't believe he is crawling already. My favorite one is the one on the dock but they are all really adorable!

The Tengelsens said...

Alisha,
The third picture you posted looks awesome. Great perspective and angle...It is hard to take a bad picture when you have such a cute model! Good work!

The Elledges said...

i don't know how you'll pick just one :) that is such a fun age! I guess i like the ones of his on his hands and feet the best! i can't believe he's already moving around!

breena rae said...

oh, he is so cute. what a little man. ok, and how cool are those birds? you have actual wildlife at your own front door!

Angela said...

I like the one on the dock the best. Although the last one sure is cute for the little grin on his face!

Heidi said...

Wow, your photography skills are excellent. I especially love the composition of the one where Thomas is crawling on the dock, not the closer one, the further one. Great job!

Amanda said...

I think they turned out great! I really love the one of him crwling on the dock. You did an awesome job.