Thursday 8 January 2009

San Fransisco


So, on our way back to Australia from Montana we stayed over night in California with my Cousin (Taylor) who lives just 20 minutes from the San Fransisco airport. We had morning and afternoon to kill (since all planes going to Sydney leave at 11:00pm) and so we decided to see what we could see. Taylor and Nate were great tour guides. There was the boys' car and the girls' car and we were able to see mostly everything without having to get lost because we were with the locals!

We saw the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf (where we had clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - delicious!), Pier 39 with all the sea lions, China Town, drove down Lombard Street, waved at Alcatraz (we didn't have time for the tour) and got back in time for a great dinner, baths, PJ's and then back to the airport for the rest of the trip! What a great time and Thanks Taylor and Nate & especially Sophia for sharing your toys!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I just read all your Christmas posts. I so glad you were able to come to the stated and spend it with you family. It had been a long time for you! I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Is he going to start treatment soon?
The picture of your whole famiy was the 1st time I have seen your twin. I had forgotten and I was confused for a second. I love the picture of Stan by the docks. Your girls look beautiful.
Millie really wants to talk to them so if you could email your numer to me that would be great.

Brittany Simmons said...

I just noticed that you have a blog- it looks like you are loving Austrailia. That is definitely one place I would love to visit. Your girls are so cute- and Thomas is so handsome- i can't believe he's crawling! Fun that you got to hang out in San Fran- we miss that city! I'm excited to keep up to date on your fun life!