Thursday 8 January 2009

Great Grandma & Grandpa Tengelsen

On my way to Montana for Christmas I got to stay a few days with my Grandma and Grandpa in California. Honestly, after flying alone with three kids from Australia it was the best stop ever!! I crashed and my grandparents (Harry and Sue Tengelsen) helped take care of my girls (who didn't want to fall asleep until 1:00am). My girls LOVED Molly (their dog) and now Mary asks when we are going to see her again. The park, right down the street, was also amazing--I am so glad we had it all to ourselves. It was so fun to see Great Grandma Sue pushing Thomas in the swing--it was so gentle he even fell asleep!

















It was also great for once to be able to open the Christmas presents they had for the kids with them instead of just receiving them by mail.

My favorite part of this wonderful side trip was when the girls put cotton balls on Grandma's willow branches to give them more fuzziness. It looked like they were in bloom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog...it makes me kinda jealous that you are living in the heat with cute Kangaroos around you!