Tuesday 23 August 2011

Grandpa's 90th Birthday Party!

On August 6th I flew out to Utah from Virginia for my grandpa's 90th birthday. It was the third time I can remember (in my whole life) getting together with this side of the family (i.e. all the cousins, aunts/ uncles etc....) Since the birth of Facebook I actually feel like I know my cousins better than I actually do; which was a good thing because I knew enough about everyone to talk to them. Shannon Francis & David Wideman organized the reunion. It was held out by bridal veil falls in Orem. The evening consisted of a potluck/ BBQ, family pictures, games, a talent show and then thank-you's and good byes.
Grandpa opening his birthday gift from me. It was an aboriginal pot from Australia
Laura (my twin) and I
Andre manning the BBQ
First game, getting the Oreo from your forehead into your mouth...no hands!
Next game, balancing the dice (5) on top!
Shaking cotton balls into a cup (I think the kids have Vaseline on their noses)
Here is grandpa with one of his great grand kids, they were playing with a balloon!
The pot luck!
Blowing out the candles...grandpa always has pie instead of cake!
Everyone signing the memory book
Shannon getting the Talent Show started...
Susan (Wideman) Slaugh and Laura (Tengelsen) Crist
Ben & Carter T counting....
The Wideman girls (all married now so none of them are widemans) singing.
A puppet show of how Grandma & Grandpa Felsch met
Karen & Mike Wideman...he sang a song about never getting to use the bathroom.
And the Star of the Evening....Grandpa...Saying his testimony and a big thank you
Followed by Grandma (81)-both of them look so good!
At the end when everyone was saying their thank you's I kept thinking someone needs to say "None of us would be here if it weren't for you two" it is true, with just 4 kids and 90 years later the Felsch posterity is huge!-? Total, and 59 came to the reunion!

2 comments:

Harry and Suzanne said...

Glad to hear you honored your Granpa Felsch's 90th and and had a reunion with Grandma and Grandpa's whole family----pretty amazing. They both look wonderful, and they are two of the nicest people we know. Thanks for sharing these fun pictures.

Heidi said...

Alisha you look younger and more beautiful every year! I wish I aged like you! I love all the Minute-to-Win-it games, did Shannon plan those? Awesome party.